<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

In my dream, I answer the phone. Mum is on the other end, crying.

My stepfather is in a heap at the foot of the stairs, dead. None of us were there when it happened.

In my dream, I try to twist her words, turn them round so that it's my stepfather who has found a grandmother, dead.

In my dream, I try to restore a natural order to the events, to bring my stepfather back.

In my dream, I can wiggle this bit, move that bit and make some sense of it. He laughs at us all for being silly.

I wake up. The phone is ringing, Mum is crying, and we have to take some clothes to the funeral director's for him.

[posted by Silver Lining]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright(c) 2004-2010 by Tim, A Free Man In Preston.
It kind of goes without saying, but this is my blog. I own it.

Slightly daft MP3 disclaimer: All MP3's are posted here for a limited time only. Music is not posted here with the intention to profit or violate copyright. In the unlikely event that you are the creator or copyright owner of a song published on this site and you want it to be removed, let me know.